Friday, September 6, 2013

Almond Butter

Do you ever not try something because it just seems hard? 

That is how I felt about almond butter. I felt too lazy to really research how to make it, and even lazier to actually attempt anything. For a while the Costco near me was carrying an all natural almond butter, so there was really no need for me to really put forth any effort in making my own. Until Costco decided they didn't like me and stopped carrying my almond butter.

I decided we didn't really need it anymore and that life would go on. Life did go on, but my husband was really missing Mom's Balls, (sorry about the name, read the post to see how they got that unfortunate name). So I broke down one night and finally made my own almond butter and then surprised my husband with some Mom's Balls and the world was good again.

If I had known how easy it was going to be to make almond butter I would have done it a long time ago, but like I said, I was feeling lazy.

The only ingredient needed is almonds. I didn't measure mine out, I just dumped a bunch onto a cookie sheet. It was about 2-3 cups.

Cook for 10-15 minutes at 300 degrees.

I let mine cool overnight, honestly because I got tired and went to bed, but you could just let them cool enough so that you can touch them without getting burned.

Then put them in your food processor and turn it on. I had to stop mine a couple of times to push down the sides, but it turns into almond butter very quickly.

After you get the consistency you like just scoop it out and put it into a jar and store it in the refrigerator. 


2 comments:

  1. Yum:) I LOVE almond butter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Who knew it was so easy?!? Must do because we LOVE almond butter!

    ReplyDelete