Tuesday, September 3, 2013

First Day of School Fairy

Today was our official first day of school. I am so very happy to report that it was a great first day back. 

Here are the monkeys showing how studious they are and that they are ready for the new school year. 

They are re-creating The Thinker, as if you couldn't tell. I hope you appreciate that the baby tried to pull it off too.

Last year I was trying to make the first day more fun, so I wrapped up all their school supplies and said they were left by the first day of school fairy. They thought it was great so I decided to do it again. 

After I got everyone awake, which was really hard for some of them, I got them all fed, bathed and their chores done by 8:30 this morning. I know that will probably never happen again, but I was impressed that it was possible. They were all excited to open their presents so it was a great motivator for them to hurry with their chores.

Now the fairy was feeling a little lazy this year. Last year she was fancy and wrapped up every single item and marked the kids' initial on them. Aren't they cute?


This year everything got thrown into a bunch of boxes, and I found out the hard way that I was down to my last roll of wrapping paper. Luckily, kids are not too picky about everything being wrapped the same.


If there was an award for the ability to be the world's worst wrapper, I am pretty sure I would win it. Even my husband laughed when he saw how bad I wrapped them and said even he doesn't wrap "that bad". But once again, that is why kids are so great, they didn't even notice.


Here is the crew, checking out all their new supplies. This year the fairy even splurged and bought them all their own 97 cent pencil sharpener. Best idea ever! I can't tell you how many melt downs we had last year over people not sharing the darn pencil sharpener.

Hopefully this is a good omen that this is going to be an especially great school year and not the calm before the storm!

1 comment:

  1. What a great way to make the first day of school special! And I love the pose...very cute:)

    ReplyDelete