Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Paleo Pizza

Who doesn't love pizza? The stuff is amazing, and amazingly bad for you!! I ate some at a Christmas party this last year and ended up in the bathroom at 2am whimpering in pain; it was ugly.

Luckily, you can make this crust that won't give you diarrhea. :)

What I love about this recipe, is that you can eat a few pieces and you don't feel bloated or gassy; you just feel full. I don't make this dish very often, because I try to avoid dairy. But, every blue moon I want to remind my children how awesome I am, so I whip up a couple of pizzas.

Paleo Pizza

2 cups almond flour
1 cup arrowroot powder
1-2 tsp oregano
1-2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
3 eggs
1/2-3/4 cup of water

Preheat your stove to 425 degrees. Mix your dry ingredients together and then add your wet ingredients and mix well. It will be runny, not "dough" like. Put parchment paper on a pizza pan or a cookie sheet and spread the batter evenly. Cook the batter for 8-10 minutes. Remove from the oven and put your toppings on, then cook for 10-12 more minutes.


\

For my son's birthday party this year I bought regular/crappy cheap pizza for the kids and made myself this recipe. The little punks kept trying to eat mine; it seriously tastes soooo good!

No comments:

Post a Comment