Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Book Review: The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde

I have finished another book for the awesome club. This one is The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson. 

It is the story of Mr. Utterson becoming suspicious of his friend Dr. Jekyll who has been doing some strange things. He also learns of Mr. Hyde and tries to find out who he is and why his good friend Dr. Jekyll would be friends with such a loathsome person.

I read this book because one of my sons was reading it, and I tried to read what they are reading so we can talk about the book. He is 10 and told me it was really hard to get into the book, but once he did he liked it, but it is not one of his favorites.

My opinion of the book, well, to be honest I found it quite boring. Maybe because I already know the basic story of this book, or maybe because it was a little dark, I don't know, but it definitely wasn't one of my favorites. 

My one positive thing to say about this book, is the vocabulary he uses. He used a lot of big words. I honestly hadn't heard some of the words before, which isn't too surprising, but I really enjoyed his large vocabulary. 

Also it is free on Amazon, so that is also a nice bonus too. 

If you have read it, I would love to know your opinion of the book.



No comments:

Post a Comment