Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Caramel Apples

I was on Pinterest the other day and found this great recipe for caramel apples. It seemed easy enough, but apparently I'm dumb and I totally blew it. I ended up with a yummy smelling goop. Luckily I had kept my goop and tried again the next day to get it right, and you're welcome because I did.

Before I give you the recipe I want to say that this isn't the healthiest of health recipes, BUT it is a much better choice then eating regular caramel. So don't judge me, because it was super awesome.

You will need:

1/2 cup butter
1 cup full fat of coconut milk-get the canned coconut milk and put it in the fridge, that way it will give you the most amount of the fat
1 cup honey
dash of salt
apples

Combine butter, coconut milk, honey and salt and place in a saucepan on medium heat. You are supposed to have a candy thermometer (which I don't) and cook it until it 220 degrees. BUT, if you just let it simmer for 20-30 minutes you don't have to waste your money on the thermometer. 

The caramel will bubble up, but surprisingly never boiled over. Just keep randomly stirring.


After about 20-30 minutes it will start to look like caramel. Once it does remove it from the heat and let it cool for 5-10 minutes. Then start dipping your apples. Once your apples are all dipped place them in the fridge until you are ready to dig in!!



No comments:

Post a Comment