Saturday, November 2, 2013

Spirulina Face Mask

I have been playing around on Pinterest lately and found this blog. She has some great homemade skin care regimens. The one that I like and that my girls will indulge me in and try is the spirulina face mask.


How could you not want to try it after looking at this lovely picture??

What is spirulina? I'm glad you asked. Spirulina is an algae and it is a skin and body superfood. Some of the benefits of this lovely stuff is: it is a great source of antioxidants, it contains chlorophyll, which helps clean the skin and strengthen tissues, helps the skin store moisture, it has smoothing and calming effects for your skin and it can help eliminate acne.

So how do you make this wonderful mask?

You will need 
1/4 tsp of spirulina powder (found at a health food store or online)
a few drops of filtered water (I just did regular water)

You will mix the water with the powder until it forms a nice paste. Apply with fingers to your face. Leave on for 20 minutes then remove with warm water and a soft facial cloth.

I put it on before I am going to shower so then I can just wash it off in the shower and not get green all over one of my towels.

For best results you should do the mask 2-3 times a week.


I feel prettier already.

No comments:

Post a Comment