Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Greek Salad

Oh my, sometimes I am so awesome I have to pinch myself to see if I'm real:). I have been experimenting in the kitchen and have come up with some pretty amazing salads. I love salads in the summer time, not in the winter time; eating salad in the winter just feels wrong.

I got rid of all my sugar filled dressings a long time ago, but you can only have a plain oil and vinegar dressing so many times before they make you sick. I used to make a killer Greek salad with pasta and a dressing that was in no way good for you; but I was missing my little unhealthy salad and came up with one that was actually good for you.

Romaine lettuce-1-2 heads
Shredded chicken-enough to feed whomever you are serving
Artichoke hearts
1 can of olives sliced
1/2 red onion diced
1 roma tomato diced
1 cucumber diced
2 tbsp feta (optional)

1. I find it easiest to cook your chicken in the crock pot. I will cook them in chicken broth (make sure to read the label to find the best one or make your own) and season it with about a tsp of each of these ingredients: poultry seasoning, onion powder, garlic, salt and pepper. I cook mine on high 4-6 hours or on low 8-10 hours. After it is fully cooked shred the chicken.
2. Slice up your romaine lettuce and mix in all the ingredients.
3. Toss with the dressing.


Dressing
1/2 cup olive oil
2/3 cup red wine vinegar
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp basil
1 tsp salt
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp dijon mustard

1. Put all ingredients into a small container with a lid. Put the lid on and shake it until all ingredients are blended. 





Now, don't be a hater with my sweet camera phone pictures. This salad is really yummy, even if I can't take a pretty picture to save my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment