Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Home School FAQ

I get asked all sorts of random home school questions. Just in case you might be wondering the same things, I thought I would start answering them on here:

Q: Isn't home school hard?

A: I guess to answer that it all depends on your attitude. If you think parenting is always hard, life is always hard, then yes, home school would be hard. However, if you have the attitude that sometimes parenting and life are hard, but most of the time they are fun, exciting and an adventure then no, home school is not hard.

I would say 90% of the time I love home schooling. I love having my own schedule; I love being so involved with my kids and spending so much time with them; I love being able to take our learning outside if we want, heading to a museum on a whim and on and on.

We do have bad days, but I still wouldn't call it hard. I call it a sacrifice that I've chosen to make. It's a sacrifice of my personal time. On days when I am having a pity party, I have to put my big girl panties on and remind myself that I only get these monkeys for so many years before they move out, and I have to try to remember to cherish the little time that I do get with them. `

No comments:

Post a Comment