Friday, January 14, 2011

Breakfast Anyone??

So, how do you get your kids to each all their veggies? Trick them, how else? Just kidding...a little bit :). Most mornings we start our day off we a green smoothie. Here is my cute little stinker enjoying his morning cup.

They are very easy to make. I put about 2 cups of cold water into my blender, then shove as much spinach as I possibly can into the blender. I blend that down, then I put in 2 bananas, some people do more, others do less. Then I do a cup of frozen fruit. I used to do just strawberries until I found a strawberry, mango, peach blend that I have just loved! I also throw in a scoop of protein powder, completely optional. Blend it all up and serve!! My older kids (and husband) were hesitant at first, but now everyone drinks it just fine.

1 comment:

  1. I too was very hesitant (to taste), do to the beautiful green color. But, Meg let me try one of her batches and it was really good.

    ReplyDelete