Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Ear Infections

Ear infections are quite rare around our home. I'm not quite sure why but am very grateful that they are. Last night my three year old had a fever and was screaming holding onto his ear saying it hurt. I'm pretty sure it was an ear infection. This is what I did...

For the fever-put a drop of Peppermint directly onto the top of his forehead, you can always do the bottom of there feet too.


For his overall health-I put two drops of OnGuard and Frankincense onto the bottom of each of his feet.

For his ears-I put two drops of Melaleuca and two drops of Basil onto a Q-tip and swabbed his ears.

When I would do that he would stop crying and tell me he was feeling better but then within minutes he would be back screaming so I would repeat the process. We did this several times. If they are older put the oil onto a cotton ball and leave it in their ear, it feels heavenly.

For the pain in his ear-The Melaleuca and Basil kill the infection but sometimes don't get rid of all the pain so I put a few drops of fractionated coconut oil into my hand and put 2-3 drops of Clove into the solution. Then I rubbed all around his ears.

Honestly Clove is not my most favorite smell but man the stuff works wonders!! After I put the Clove on he went and laid down and SLEPT the WHOLE night!! The next morning he had no fever. I did another round of Melaleuca and Basil just to be safe and then have been running OnGuard all day in my diffuser.



The ear infection dream team!

No comments:

Post a Comment