Monday, May 12, 2014

Almond Butter Cups

I haven't posted a dessert recipe for a while, but trust me this dessert is well worth the wait! This is my healthy spin on peanut butter cups. I know I am very biased, but these are incredibly delicious!


Almond Butter Cups

1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 raw honey
1/2 cocoa powder
1/2 almond butter
2 Tbs almond butter (save this for your filling)

In a small saucepan melt your coconut oil, raw honey, cocoa powder and almond butter. Make sure to keep your burner on low, the cocoa will burn.


Place muffin cups in muffin tin, and pour a small amount of chocolate into each muffin cup.

Place into freezer. Once they are frozen take them out and place a small amount of almond butter onto each one.

Then cover with the remaining chocolate sauce. Place into freezer until they are frozen.

Final step, inhale! Seriously, they are so yummy. I'm super stingy with them and I tell my kids they can only have one if they can go a month without eating any candy (which they can't do, so I get to enjoy them for the next few days!). That is some awesome parenting on my part; maybe I should start a blog with great parenting tips like that one. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment