Thursday, January 30, 2014

Crafty Valentine's Heart

Every now and then I feel crafty; I had one of those days last week. I wanted a cute Valentine's wreath for my front door. I was inspired by this wreath. Although I was feeling crafty I can also be lazy, and I didn't want to run to the store to purchase a styrofoam heart. 

This is where being weird is totally awesome, because you can think of weird stuff and it's very handy. So instead of buying a styrofoam heart I took a metal hanger and formed it into a heart. Next I took my left over grocery bags and wrapped them around the hanger and then duct taped the whole thing together. 


Next you are going to cut a bazillion small circles out of red felt.


After you have your bazillion circles (I seriously didn't count how many you need just cut enough until your wreath is full) you are going take each circle and hot glue them in half.


Then fold your circle in half again; I put a little dab of hot glue to keep it together.


Now you get to do the fun part and stick it all together. You literally just shove it all together and glue it all on.


Then attach a ribbon to the back or just loop it through the heart and poof, you've got a super awesome, super inexpensive heart wreath!


2 comments:

  1. That is so cute! I may let my girls do this (only big sister with the hot glue gun, though). What size are your circles? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete