Monday, August 26, 2013

Homeschool Review: Singin' Smart

If you asked me to tell you about an amazing school lesson I had as a child, I could probably remember 2-3. But, if you asked me to sing you a song I learned as a child, well you'd probably want someone else to sing it because I'm terrible, but my point is that I could sing all sorts of songs from my childhood because they stick with you.

My sister-in-law teaches preschool and she teaches her little kids songs from Singin' Smart. She recommended it to me when we first started homeschooling. The book and CD are very inexpensive so we gave it a whirl. 




The songs are cheesy, but they stick with you. Some of the songs we've learned are the 50 states in alphabetical order with their capital, parts of the body, the countries of Central and South America, and even the presidents of The United States.

Here is a little clip of my monkeys singing. They were WAY excited to sing this, you can tell by their huge smiles on their face. :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment