Friday, September 28, 2012

Raspberry Delight

The other day my wonderful sister stopped by with some fresh raspberries she had just picked. They were soooo good!


After I inhaled an insane amount of raspberries there were still quite a few left. I didn't want them to go bad, and I was feeling a little creative, so I tried out a new recipe, and it was very yummy! One of my favorite unhealthy desserts before I gave them up was chocolate cake with a raspberry sauce drizzled over it. Although I wasn't able to create that, I came up with a close second.

I started with several cups of raspberries (sorry, sometimes I just don't measure things out) I put them in my food processor and drizzled some honey over them. I ran the food processor until they were completely pureed. Afterwards I put the puree in a pie dish and stuck it in the freezer. 

Next step, I used the same food processor so the chocolate would have a raspberry flavor to it. I used
1 cup coco powder
1 cup honey
1/2 cup coconut oil
Blend until smooth and creamy.

I then put the chocolate on top of the raspberries. The longer you let the raspberry freeze the easier it is.




Then stick it back the freezer until you are ready to eat.

Which I was :). My favorite way to tell if a dessert turned out good is if my kids will eat it, I am happy to report they loved it, but sad because they ate most of it.




No comments:

Post a Comment