Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Michelangelo

I know I've said it before, and I'll say it again, "I love art!" I think it is so fun to create. We bought some great books called, "Getting to Know the World's Greatest Artist".  They are filled with pictures and the story is told in an exciting way. This week we read about Michelangelo and all of his amazing paintings and sculptures. Then we tried to recreate the Sistine Chapel. I hung paper on the bottom of our table and had the kids lie on their backs and try to create a master piece.

Make sure to lay something under them, because it gets messy.

Some of the little ones couldn't quite reach, so we made some exceptions.

Concentrating so hard, trying to get it just right.
This poor girl made the mistake by lying next to a 4 year old, and ended up with paint all over her face.

Seriously, could this guy be any cuter? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment