Friday, April 29, 2011

Nursing

As you can imagine I am a big fan of nursing your baby. The only problem is what happens when you don't make enough milk? I swear I make a watery skim milk. My babies always lose a lot of weight and never make it back to their weight at their two week check up. They also stay a little thin until they start eating food.

So this time was going to be different, a friend of mine told me that she takes Fenugreek and Blessed Thistle. Between the two they are supposed to help increase your milk supply and make it more filling. I started taking them the day I had my baby. When my midwife came back three days later he still weighed the same, at his two week check up he was 3oz. over his birth weight, a first for any of my babies!!

After I had purchased my herbs I found a supplement from Dr. Christopher called Mother's Milk. I found it interesting that two of the ingredients are Blessed Thistle and Fenugreek. When I run out of my current supplements I am going to purchase this one instead. You can order it online or purchase it from Good Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment