Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Wall Art Work

I have a budding artist at my house; he is two and his favorite canvas is my wall. He has experimented with different mediums, but he seems to prefer pencil. Not all my children have been as artistic, but enough have that I feel like I could add, "cleans a lot of crap of walls really well" on my resume. 

I used to use Magic Eraser to clean off the art work, but of course after you go hippie it's really hard to go back to the old stuff. A lot of the time Lemon essential oil will get a bunch of stuff off, but it wasn't getting the pencil.

Luckily, I have a lot of hippie friends and one of the lovely ladies suggested baking soda. Sounds too easy doesn't it? She makes a little paste with the baking soda, but if I'm going to wipe off a section of a wall I better just wash the whole thing down too.

This is what I use:

Large bowl of warm water
1-2 Tablespoons of vinegar
1-2 Tablespoons of baking soda
5 drops of favorite citrus essential oil, I usually pick Lemon or Wild Orange

Fill your bowl up with water, pour in the vinegar, pour in the baking soda, watch it bubble with awe, put in your essential oil and mix it all together. Use a rag and wipe down your walls.

It comes off incredibly easy, my 10 year and the budding artist wiped it all down and the pencil/artwork comes right off.

1 comment:

  1. wow.. that did work well didn't it? I've heard the orange oil is a good cleaner nice to see it in action. :)

    ReplyDelete