Sunday, November 4, 2012

Rainbows and Butterflies

I haven't posted for a little bit because I've been a little bugged. I was reading through some of my old posts and it sounds like my life is all rainbows and butterflies. Meaning, that I live in a happy fantasy land where everything is perfect, my children are angels and so on. Whenever I see a blog that looks like every day is perfect and we talked about our hopes and dreams all day while we watched the clouds go by as we ate our own homemade healthy snacks, well honestly, those types of blogs seriously bug me! Little did I realize I was slowly becoming one.

I do try to stay positive, but in all reality life with 6 monkeys running around can be a bit crazy and overwhelming at times. Those are the nights that I feel too exhausted to post so you don't ever hear about them. I usually post on nights where everything ran smooth and I feel so delighted to share what wonderful adventure we had that day.

But, I need to share the ugly with the pretty. The ugly can be embarrassing but it makes us laugh, and also it makes the good days seem so much better.

So here is one of my not so rainbow and butterfly moment...

My baby decided to wake up at 4am the day after Halloween, and he was ready to party. I brought him into the bed with my husband and me so he could pull my hair and jump on me while I tried to sleep. By 6am I figured I might as well get up and go work out. I did what every good mother does and set out a bowl of food and water for the baby and told my husband that the baby is awake and I'm leaving. I came back an hour later to this.
Mother of the Year Award

No comments:

Post a Comment