Sunday, August 8, 2010

Gum in Your Hair

This morning my little boy Joshua woke up with gum in his hair. I didn't want to cut it out because his cute curls are starting to grow back from his summer shave. I went into the bathroom to just start pulling it out the old school way. I quickly remembered how I've been able to clean up a lot of random stuff with *lemon essential oil. So I dumped about 3-5 drops onto the gum and let it sit for about 30 seconds. I grabbed the combed and the gum just came out with one comb. It still pulled his hair a little but he didn't have to have a big chunk of hair cut or ripped out. Now if I can just find the culprit who let a three year old have gum...

* Lemon is an amazing oil used for A LOT of things. It just happens to also work extremely well at removing gum, wood stain, oil and grease spots. I have also found it will remove pencil, crayons, and markers from the wall. One time I even got it to take off lipstick Tess smeared all over her face.

No comments:

Post a Comment